MINUTES OF ASTON INGHAM PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 11THAPRIL 2011 AT 7.30 P.M IN THE VILLAGE HALL
ATTENDED BY Mr J. Harding (Chairman), Mr J. Whatley, Mr E. Green, Mr C.Tormey, Mrs R.Tree
APOLOGIES WERE RECEIVED FROM Mr S. Burns
MINUTES OF MARCH MEETING were read, approved and signed, with one amendment – letter of thanks had been sent to Mr Cracknell regarding action taken and situation update.
1) Mr Tormey to email Amey regarding potholes, spreadsheet for works schedule and works not completed. Clerk also to contact Amey and advise them of problems with water on road between The Woodground and Lanks Cottage and blocked ratholes between Village Hall and the Rectory.
2) Parish Map. Mr Whatley had consulted with Cambery Bindery and leather samples were looked at and selected.
3) Data Protection – to be discussed at next meeting.
4) Website – to be discussed at next meeting.
5) As only six people returned their nomination papers there will be no elections for Parish Councillors.
i. Withymoor Farm, Kilcot, Newent. DMS/110638/F. Demolition of existing straw barn and replace with new, larger straw barn and extend cattle building.The Parish Council had no objections.
ii. Squirrel’s Nest, Lea Line.DMS/110592/FH. Proposed new garage adjacent to existing garage. Observations made on size and proportion.
iii. The Grange, Aston Crews. DMS/110262/L. Listed Building consent. Alteration to existing portico entablature. The Parish Council had no objections.
iv. Church Cottage, Aston Court. DMS/110828/J. Fell one twin stemmed ash tree. The Parish Council had no objections.
1) Letter from Mrs Missenden regarding HGVs on C1281/B4222 and copies of correspondence with Herefordshire Council. Clerk to respond giving situation update.
2) Journal of Local Planning
3) Census Collectors – information regarding response to census and people authorised to collect outstanding census forms.
4) Public Transport News.
5) Herefordshire Volunteer of the Year Award.
6) Hiring Agreement – Village Hall
C.A. £2030.33 A.I.P.C.H.F. £7.63 P.C. £3.21
Ø Mr Harding proposed £20.00 be transferred to Petty Cash. Mr Green seconded. All in favour.
Ø Audit – 4th July 2011. Financial Statement and Receipts and Payments book to be adopted at next meeting.
Ø H.A.L.C. invoice £156.79 – annual subscription. Mr Harding proposed this be paid. Mr Whatley seconded. All in favour.
Ø Charles Arnold Baker – 8th Edition of guide for Parish Councils, available with N.A.L.C./H.A.L.C. discount for £53.60. Mr Whatley proposed this be purchased. Mrs Tree seconded. All in favour.
Ø Clerk’s salary/tax . New guidelines issued. Clerk to check on website and information from H.A.L.C. and report back to next meeting.
ANY OTHER MATTERS
· Representatives of organizations to be invited to Parish Meeting at which everyone is welcome.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING – (Annual Parish Meeting and Annual Meeting of the Parish Council) – Monday 9th May *
MEETING CLOSED AT 9.27 p.m.