MINUTES OF ASTON INGHAM PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 14TH APRIL 2009 AT 7.30 P.M. IN THE VILLAGE HALL
Mr J. Harding (Chairman), Mr C. Tormey, Mr E. Green, Mrs R. Tree, Mr J. Whatley (councillors)
No apologies were received.
MINUTES OF MARCH MEETING were read, approved and signed.
1) Clerk awaiting reply from Lynda Wilcox regarding format of minutes.
2) Letter of thanks received from Mr and Mrs P. Shaw for Parish Council’s input on situation at Dowler’s Lane.
3) Clerk to email Ray Wallace and remind him about speed check at Crews Hill, if no response is received in the near future. Mrs Tree has given Annette Steele update on roads situation for joint meeting.
4) Smartwater signage – company in Gloucester has been very helpful. Digital image has been sent to them and sample should be received shortly.
5) Wall at Maxstoke – copy of correspondence from Mr Byers – matter is still being pursued by Herefordshire Council.
6) CPRE and Herefordshire Council to be contacted by Mr Tormey so that packs/information are available for Parish Meeting,
7) The Chimes – The Chairman was concerned that the diary dates for Aston Ingham events had not been included in the calendar.
8) Footpaths – Councillors to note defects in paths and stiles for Parish Meeting. Mrs Walden to be asked to bring Parish Footpaths Map to meeting so that parishioners can advise of any further problems.
1) Land adjacent to Lanx Cottage – DCSE 2009/0238/F -proposed residential showman’s caravan. Application has been withdrawn.
2) Greenacres Stables – DCSE 2009/0200F – Change of use from agriculture to the keeping of horses and construction of an exercise and training area. Permission. Conditions read and noted.
3) Several complaints have been received about two new entrances at The Bungalow, Pigs Cross (UC70225). Other matters to be checked out on same site are a) Burnt out car on roadside. b) New extension on bungalow
c) Effluent from stables is pooling by Village Well on crossroads.
4) Babylon Farmhouse – new steel framed barn – check with Enforcement.
i. Herefordshire Voluntary Action
ii. Freedom of Information Act – letter and DVD. Mr Tormey to view and report back
iv. H.A.L.C. – Information Corner/Youth Council Presentation/Local Leadership Conference/Crimemapper
vi. European Parliamentary Elections
vii. Commons Act
FINANCE C.A. £1538.95 A.I.P.C.H.F. £7.63 P.C. £14.54
Financial Statement for year ending 31/3/09 was presented. Mr Harding proposed that accounts be adopted, Mrs Tree seconded. All in favour.
Audit – Annual Return to be completed for approval at next meeting. Mr Harding proposed clerk purchase copy of guidance for audit if too bulky to download. Mr Tormey seconded. All in favour.
Insurance – due 1st June. Clerk to obtain quotations from Norwich Union and other companies before renewal.
ANY OTHER MATTERS
Ø Posts on verge outside Chapman’s Place were placed there by Herefordshire Council, and are designed not to damage cars if driven over.
Ø Emergency Planning Information was circulated by Mr Tormey. Copy to be placed on notice board. Chairman and Mr Tormey to meet to complete Parish Emergency Plan.
Ø Aston Ingham Parish Map. Bookbinding company who were to be contacted for rebinding are no longer in business. Request to be put in The Chimes for other possible firms. Mr Tormey and Mr Whatley to check out purchase of fireproof safe to protect this and other parish documents.
Ø Format of Annual Parish Meeting was discussed.
DATES OF NEXT MEETINGS
Annual Parish Meeting – Monday 11th May
Annual Meeting of the Parish Council – Tuesday 12th May
MEETING CLOSED AT 9.40P.M.