MINUTES OF ASTON INGHAM PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 8TH JUNE 2009 AT 7.30P.M. IN THE VILLAGE HALL
ATTENDED BY Mr J. Harding (chairman), Mr C. Tormey, Mrs R. Tree, Mr S. Burns. (councillors) Mr P. Leighton, Mr P. Cowmeadow (C.S.O.)
APOLOGIES WERE RECEIVED FROM Mr E. Green, Mr J. Whatley.
Mr Harding signed the Acceptance of Office.
MINUTES OF ANNUAL MEETING (MAY) were read, approved and signed.
1. Roads and verges – Response from Ray Wallace – update on signage. Clerk to email and remind him about the warning signs for horses (map forwarded by Mrs Tree in December).
2. Many of roads repaired after winter frosts breaking up again – monitor.
3. Smartwater – to be followed up at next meeting (Mr Whatley).
4. Emergency Plan – to be formulated – date to be arranged.
5. Emergency co-ordinator. Mr Tormey volunteered. Details to be forwarded to H.A.L.C.
6. Blogsite up to date – links to be made to Herefordshire Council, Highways and Police contacts to be added.
7. Footpaths defects – Mr Tormey had reported some of these to Mrs Walden (F.P.O.). Mrs Tree and other councillors to advise of any others known.
REPORTS FROM COMMUNITY SUPPORT OFFICERS
West Mercia Constabulary – now West Mercia Police.
Logo – Serve, Protect, Making the Difference
Mr Leighton reported that things appeared to be fairly quiet at present, with fuel thefts and scrap metal thefts down, but public should not become complacent and should still safeguard property. There had been successes resulting from the use of unmarked police cars.
The most serious problem was still that of distraction burglaries, where people wearing suits and carrying laminated ID cards posed as representatives from utility companies. Whilst one person spoke to the householder another would gain entry to the property and steal anything of value. If anyone calls without any official prior notice being given, they should not be allowed in.
1. White Heart/Hart Cottages, Aston Crews – Road naming. No objections.
2. Greenacres Stables, Lea DCSE2009/0549/F – Change of use of land from agriculture to equestrian use, retention of manege and parking area – retrospective. Permission. Conditions read and noted.
i. H.A.L.C. – Change of address
ii. Sandbags – information to be returned to L. Swift ( Drainage Engineer)
iii. Deaf/Direct – Poster/Pictures
iv. Pride of Herefordshire Awards
v. Glasdon – equipment
C.A. £1771.39 A.I.P.C.H.F. £7.63 P.C. £10.06
ANY OTHER MATTERS – none
DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Monday 13th July 2009
MEETING CLOSED AT 8.40 p.m.