MINUTES OF ASTON INGHAM PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 10TH APRIL 2012 AT 7.30 P.M. IN THE VILLAGE HALL
ATTENDED BY Mr J. Harding (Chairman), Mr J. Whatley,
Mr C. Tormey, Mr E. Green, Mr S. Burns, Mrs R. Tree.
MINUTES OF MARCH MEETING were read, approved and signed.
1) Jubilee Projects – examples of signs and costings were looked at.
More information was given by Mrs Tree regarding Pilgrim’s/Preaching Cross and history of standing crosses in Herefordshire.
2) Parish Meeting agenda –
a) Jubilee projects i. Churchyard Cross
ii. Enhanced village signs
b) Reports from organizations
3) Letter received from Customer Insight Unit regarding letter of complaint to Chief Executive about highway issues outstanding (sunken drains on Crews Hill and potholes on Oaks Lane). Clerk to reply citing two known incidents resulting from this lack of action.
4) Crews Hill – Wayside. Clerk to contact Environment Officer to confirm that leakage of sewage over B4222 is being addressed.
5) Gypsy Lane – fly tipping in ditch. This has been reported. Council to monitor.
6) It has been confirmed that it is legal to say prayers before a Parish Council meeting begins.
7) Beacons – Mr Harding has contacted Longhope Parish Council, but has not yet received a reply. There will be a beacon at Linton, and the possibility of one being lit at Aston Crews, on Mr Whatley’s land, is being explored.
PLANNING – none
I. Letter from Mr Boughton regarding placing of memorial
II. Electoral review
III. H.A.L.C. –Information Corner
IV. Community First – Ecohere
V. Big Jubilee lunch
VI. Standards and the Localism Act
VII. Neighbourhood Development Plan
VIII. Empowering Communities
IX. Conference on social enterprise and financial sustainability
X. Herefordshire Diamond Day
FINANCE C.A. £1277.72 A.I.P.C.H.F. £107.63 P.C. £16.89
1. Audit notice – 4th July 2012
2. Financial Statement. Mr Tormey proposed this be adopted, Mr Whatley seconded. All in favour.
3. H.A.L.C. invoice £183.57 Mr Whatley proposed this be paid, Mrs Tree seconded. All in favour. As the cost has greatly increased, it was decided to monitor usage and information and help given, and review for next year.
ANY OTHER MATTERS – none
DATES OF NEXT MEETINGS
Annual Parish Meeting – Monday 14th May
Annual Meeting of the Parish Council will follow this if time allows. Otherwise this meeting will be held on Tuesday 15th May
MEETING CLOSED AT 9.35 p.m.