MINUTES OF ASTON INGHAM PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 10TH JUNE 2013 AT 7.30 P.M. IN THE VILLAGE HALL
ATTENDED BY Mr J. Whatley (chairman), Mr C. Tormey, Mr J,. Harding, Mr S. Burns, Mrs R. Tree.
APOLOGIES WERE RECEIVED FROM Mr E. Green
Councillor Green is considering whether his health problems will allow him to continue as an active member of the Parish Council.
MINUTES OF ANNUAL MEETING (MAY) were read, approved and signed, with one amendment.
1) Roads – PC-IRIS does not seem to be functioning effectively. Clerk to check with Lynda Wilcox (H.A.L.C.) to see if other councils are experiencing similar difficulties. Letter to be sent to Amey citing problems. Copy to Mr Bramer.
2) Reply from Mr Stallard regarding water running off fields. Clerk to acknowledge. Reply to be drafted for next meeting after consultation with relevant/interested parties.
3) Working party to clear silt of B4222 between Village Hall and Old Rectory to free drainage holes, and brambles by bridge over Ell Brook – Monday 8th July at 10.00 a.m.
4) Libraries in Herefordshire. The Herefordshire Council have taken the decision not to close the libraries.
5) Village/Church Cross. Mrs Tree is still waiting for specifications.
Funding applied for from English Heritage and other avenues are being explored. Refurbishment to be amended to ‘Coronation project’ instead of ‘Jubilee’.
Mrs Tree expressed her concern that the Chimes editor had refused to place a photograph of the Aston Ingham Village Cross on the front cover of The Chimes. Also a private email address had been published in connection with the Village Cross without consent. The Parish Council felt that this was not a council matter and needed to be resolved privately between Mrs Tree and the editors of The Chimes
Land adjacent Millbrook Gardens, Lea. Erection of four dwellings. S1311040/0. Councillors had viewed this application online, as we were not consulted on this new application. Letter read from Mr Banner, Lea resident. The Parish Council were unanimously against this proposal on the grounds of volume of traffic, access and the flood risk.
Letter from Mike Willmont regarding the publicity process for planning applications.
I. Letter regarding continued dog fouling in the D Loop, salt bins to be refilled and potholes. To be monitored.
II. Museum poster
III. H.A.L.C. Information Corner to be emailed to councillors.
IV. Communities Are Us
V. Herefordshire Council website details
FINANCE C.A. £2598.15 A.I.P.C.H.F. £107.63 P.C. £12.79
1) Audit – Annual Governance Statement was completed and signed. Matter raised in Internal Audit was discussed.
2) Mr Harding proposed invoice be paid for ‘Blue Book’ (Footpaths, etc). Mr Tormey seconded. All in favour.
3) Clerk’s Salary. Mr Harding proposed Clerk’s salary (£200.00 for three months) be paid. Mr Tormey seconded. All in favour. Cheques written – £160.00 (clerk) £40.00 (H.M.R.C.)
ANY OTHER MATTERS
v Polytunnels – apparently there are no standard rules. Each case is judged individually.
v Parish Meeting minutes to be put onto Blogsite.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING Monday 8th July
MEETING CLOSED AT 9.45 p.m.