MINUTES OF ASTON INGHAM PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 10TH OCTOBER 2011 AT 7.30 P.M. IN THE VILLAGE HALL
ATTENDED BY Mr J. Harding (Chairman), Mr C.Tormey, Mr S. Burns, Mrs R. Tree
APOLOGIES WERE RECEIVED FROM Mr E. Green.
MINUTES OF SEPTEMBER MEETING were read, approved and signed.
1. Potholes in Oak Lane had been filled. Clerk to check whether Amey had been notified about 30 m.p.h. sign by the Old Rectory, which has been knocked over.
2. Letters received from Carol Saunders (Customer Insight Unit) and Joanne Davies (Amey) following Parish Council’s letter to the Chief Executive regarding highway matters not resolved.
3. Salt/grit bin in Oak Lane. Clerk had contacted Amey again to report missing bin and had written to Mr Spragg to advise him of progress.
4. Sandbags. There are about 60 bags stored at rear of Village Hall.
5. Chimes/Blogsite – some confusion with notes from September meeting. Blogsite being updated.
6. Meeting at Hereford on service provision attended by Mr Tormey.
· Copy of powerpoint circulated to councillors.
· Mr Tormey outlined main points regarding budget implications for schools, waste management, etc.
· Nine parishes were piloting the 2012/2013 budget process.
· An explanation was given of Amey’s new system of reporting highway defects called PC-IRIS (Parish Council Infrastructure Reporting Information System), where data can be plotted on a GIS mapping system and is then graded according to urgency. Mr Harding proposed that Mr Tormey be the designated councillor to access this system. Mrs Tree seconded. All in favour. Parish Walks will still be made where necessary. If the system proves effective it may be extended to footpaths and rights of way.
· Spreadsheets outlining works will still be produced.
· H.A.L.C. Standards Committee was being cancelled from March 2012, but owing to concerns it would be reinstated and endorsed by the Government.
7. Clerk to write to Mr Bramer regarding lack of liaison between Amey and Herefordshire Council.
8. Mr Harding is still researching the Pilgrim’s/Preaching Cross in the churchyard.
9. Penyard Ward LDF Core Strategy Consultation meeting rescheduled for Monday 31st October at 7.00p.m in Linton Village Hall.
i. Land Title North side of road from Beavans Hill, Kilcot – erection of stable block in field. DMS/111527/F – Permission. Conditions read and noted.
ii. Middle Barrel Farm. An amendment had been passed to original plan allowing further development. This amendment had not been submitted to the Parish Council.
1. Herefordshire Partnership
2. Gorsley/Kilcot newsletter
3. H.A.L.C. A.G.M/Courses
4. Diamond Jubilee – Beacons
FINANCE C.A £2274.94 A.P.C.H.F. £7.63 P.C. £5.31
i. Letter of thanks from Aston Ingham Scout Group for donation towards replacement gate.
ii. Precept received – £875.00
iii. Form for setting Precept 2012/2013 – extension until 31st January 2012
iv. Letter of thanks from Mr Bach, Internal Auditor
v. Invoice from H.A.L.C. – stationery. Mr Harding proposed £12.50 be paid. Mr Burns seconded. All in favour.
vi. Error with Election Expenses. Fee for Deputy Returning Officer had been omitted. New amount – £69.72
vii. Clerk to check current mileage allowances
ANY OTHER MATTERS
Ø Display cabinet for Parish Map. Councillors to look for suitable secure cabinet for display of map.
Ø Broadband Survey – Herefordshire
Ø Clerk to write to Margaret Highton (Clerk- Gorsley/Kilcot) regarding joint meetings
DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Monday 14th November
MEETING CLOSED AT 9.17 p.m.