MINUTES OF ASTON INGHAM PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 11TH APRIL 2016 AT 7.30 P.M. IN THE VILLAGE HALL
ATTENDED BY Mr J. Whatley (Chairman), Mr C. Tormey, Mr R. Green, Mr N. Smith, Mr S. Burns (councillors)
APOLOGIES WERE RECEIVED AND ACCEPTED FROM Mr J. Harding
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND REQUESTS FOR DISPENSATIONS – none
PUBLIC SUBMISSIONS – none
MINUTES OF MARCH MEETING were read, approved and signed.
ACTION POINTS ADDRESSED –
➢ Mr Hobbs to take drainage measurements as soon as convenient.
➢ Clerk to ask for further details on traffic incidents. (Action Item 1)
Mr Whatley and Mr Smith met with Kevin Williams, Locality Steward. Financial problems with Balfour Beatty will result in the closing of the Ross depot and Kevin will be based in Hereford. Points to note : –
1) Even if works are on the schedule, they will only be done when time/money allows.
2) Some of clearing works at School House done & kerb at Village Hall. Works on hold until effectiveness of previous work is checked.
3) Grit bin and sign at Barrel Lane to be done.
4) Grit bin at Crews Hill to be done, and 40 m.p.h. repeater sign to be replaced.
5) Gully examined between the Garage and Ms Whatley’s – work to be done.
6) Camber on road at Majaro Barn on list, but work may not be completed.
7) Potholes at bottom of Oak Lane and Sparrow Lane filled.
8) Pipe with 45 degree bend in schedule, but if clearing of ditch proves effective then this may not be installed.
9) Confusion between B4222 and C1281 to be looked into.
10) Signage at Aston Crews doubtful.
11) No central white lining is being done.
12) Overhanging hedges – on the schedule and will be cut.
13) Mr Williams has liaised with Footpaths Officer and some progress has been made.
When ground dries up the tiles can be excavated (Mr Whatley and Mr Potter).
1. Church House, Aston Ingham. 160800. Fell 6 trees, coppice willow and lift crown on lime tree. Approved with conditions (new planting).
2. Definitive map modification order – upgrading of part of public footpath DLH9
➢ Printing advertisement – filed
FINANCE C.A. £3315.94 H.F. £158.43 P.C. £10.74
1) Transparency Grant. £1150.80 received and placed in Holding Fund. Mr Tormey thanked for his work on this .
2) Other monies which have been earmarked for specific projects to be moved into Holding Fund
3) Audit papers received – 24th June 2016
4) Village Hall -trees. Parish Council to make donation towards cost of this. Clerk to contact Chairman to request work to be completed. (Action Item 2)
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT DECLARATION SCHEME
Copies had been circulated. Mr Whatley proposed this scheme be adopted, Mr Smith seconded. All in favour.
Copper in skip at Beavans Hill stolen.
Parishioners advised to be vigilant regarding cold callers.
COUNCILLORS’ SUBMISSIONS – none
DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Wednesday 11th May (Annual Parish Meeting)
Monday 23rd May (Parish Council)
MEETING CLOSED AT 8.45