MINUTES OF ASTON INGHAM PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 11TH JANUARY 2016 AT 7.30 P.M. IN THE VILLAGE HALL
ATTENDED BY Mr J. Whatley (Chairman), Mr C. Tormey, Mr R. Green, Mr J. Harding, Mr S. Burns (Councillors) Lisa Austin (CSO). Mrs R. Tree, Mr C. Tree (parishioners)
APOLOGIES WERE RECEIVED FROM Mr N. Smith
REQUESTS FOR DISPENSATIONS – none
REPORT BY CSO
Where previously outbuildings had been the main target for theft, criminals seem to have moved on to domestic properties. Householders were advised to consider the following deterrents: –
• burglar alarms
• lights on timer switches
• cars in drive
High fences or gates, although good for privacy, prevented neighbours from seeing any suspicious activity. Ladders or any tools which could be used for housebreaking should not be left available. Special attention should be given to possible entry points, such as rear gates and alleyways. Tamperproof screws can be used on shed hinges and number plates. Garden tools should be etched with name and postcode or Smartwater, which can be used for all valuable items including jewellery.
Lisa gave information about Smartwater and packs (£20.00 or £32.50) are now availaable from Ross Police Station, which can be delivered. (email@example.com or 03003333000, ext. 4410/4411)
Leaflets have been left on the noticeboard ond on the table in the Village Hall.
More information on security will be available at the Parish Meeting, which will be in May. Lisa was thanked for her contributions.
Mr and Mrs Tree drew the Council’s attention to : –
a)Although we had responded to a recent planning application, our comments were not recorded on the website. To be monitored.
b) An article in a Forest newspaper giving information about Fracking indicated that the village was likely to be affected by lorries accessing the site. A meeting in Shire Hall, Gloucester was scheduled for Wednesday 13th January.
MINUTES OF DECEMBER MEETING were read, approved and signed.
ACTION PONTS ADDRESSED
Report from Locality Steward was not satisfactory on several points. Mr Whatley and Mr Harding to meet with Kevin Williams to clarify matters before taking further action. (Action Item 1)
1. Hedge to be cut by Lanx Cottage to provide better visibility by footpath exit. (Action Item 2)
2. Cleared culvert has improved flooding problems by The Garage
3. Damage caused by water on road at Knightshill to be reported. (Action Item 3)
4. Pictures to be printed of paved area extending onto footpath at Dowlers Lane and sent to Enforcement. (Action Item 4)
1. Land adjacent to B4222. P153511/0. Construction of 38 dwellings. Parish Council’s comments on sustainability stand, as application has barely changed. Separate letter to Head of Planning, regarding apparent attempted circumvention of planning system. (Action Item 5)
FINANCE C.A. £4520.77 H.F. £7.63 P.C. £3.14
1. Adoption of Village Hall Accounts. Mr Burns proposed, Mr Green seconded. All in favour
2. Finance Regulations. Model regs. studied. Subject to discussion on one item (2.2) with Lynda Wilcox, Finance Regulations were adopted. Mr Harding proposed, Mr Burns seconded. All in favour.
3. Purchase of Receipts and Payments Book. £76.74, to include postage and V.A.T., from Shaw’s. Mr Harding proposed, Mr Whatley seconded. All in favour.
4. Pensions Regulator. Clerk had completed appropriate forms online and Mr Whatley is an additional contact. No pension payment should be necessary.
5. Clerk to email budget spreadsheet to interested parties and put on noticeboard. (Action Item 6)
Mr Harding requested an update on the status of the clerk’s computer, which has had security protection installed, but still needs some input before it is fully operational.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Monday 8th February
MEETING CLOSED AT 9.23 p.m.