MINUTES OF ASTON INGHAM PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 12TH JANUARY 2009 AT 7.30 P.M. IN THE VILLAGE HALL
Mr J. Harding (chairman), Mr C. Tormey, Mr S. Burns, Mr J. Whatley, Mrs R. Tree (councillors)
Mr H. Danter, Mr C. Danter
APOLOGIES WERE RECEIVED FROM
Mr E. Green
MINUTES OF DECEMBER MEETING were read, approved and signed, with one amendment.
Mr Harding proposed that the meeting be opened to allow Mr Danter to speak. Mr Burns seconded. All in favour.
Mr Danter is the new owner of ‘The Paddocks’, the land adjacent to ‘Lanx Cottage’, having purchased this from Mr Byrne. The Danters are fairground showmen and at present own funfairs and amusements at places such as Symonds Yat and Stourport. Most of their business is carried out within a 30 mile radius of Newent, and Mr C. Danter would like to be able to house his family from September to June on a caravan on this site so that the children could attend school regularly. This would initially be a 40 foot by 8 foot van, double axle showman’s caravan, and would not be intrusive. Later on there would be the possibility of another caravan. Services would be available to the site. Mr Danter had been in contact with the Herefordshire Council. There was the possibility that a trial period might be the first step. The Parish Council would not be able to comment until a formal planning application had been received. Mr Danter promise to supply photographs of the caravan.
Meeting was closed to the public.
MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
1) SPEED MANAGEMENT Mrs Tree had contacted Mr Wallace regarding the plan for warning signs for horses. The data from the traffic survey which had been promised had not been sent as there was a problem with access. Mrs Tree had not received a reply to her letter of 15th December. Clerk to email Mr Wallace and remind him about monitoring Lea Line and sending existing data.
2) SMARTWATER SIGNAGE Mark Edwards has contacted clerk regarding this, and left a message saying he would call again. There was a possibility that funding may be obtained from Lea Show Committee. Wendy Powell to be contacted, and prices to be checked, as there was some discrepancy over current cost. (JW SB). To be put on agenda for February.
3) MINUTES FOR CHIMES AND BLOGSITE Minutes for last three months to Mr Tormey for Blogsite. Minutes for December to Vanessa for Chimes.
4) DATES FOR JOINT MEETING Most convenient dates for councillor attendance at joint meeting to be emailed to Annette Steele. Venue to be determined.
5) STREAM WALL Reinforcement by Scout Hut appears to be very effective. Large stones/boulders sunk into corners. Debris and island cleared and area fenced. Some debris remaining.
6) WALL AT MAXSTOKE Clerk to write to Enforcement Officer to request update of situation.
1) Communities in Control – Local Authority Publicity (Consultation – 12th March)
2) Policing leaflets/information
3) Liaison –PACT meetings/Rural Services Network/Biodiversity action/Dog Control order/Website for Permitted Development Rights -www.planningportal.gov.uk
4) HALC –Information Corner
FINANCE C.A. £1558.95 H.F. £7.63 P.C. £3.72
1) Bank Form – completed
2) Conclusion of Audit – Annual Return to be displayed with notice.
3) Transfer of Petty Cash. Mr Whatley proposed £20.00 be transferred to Petty Cash, Mr Burns seconded. All in favour.
4) Mr Whatley and Mr Tormey asked whether they would be entitled to any reimbursement for costs of HALC courses to be attended. Mr Burns proposed that half of the costs be awarded. Mrs Tree seconded. All in favour. Mr Tormey and Mr Whatley declared an interest. Invoices to be presented after attendance.
5) Mrs Tree to ask Mrs Savidge (Scouts) to advise Parish Council of costs of brook clearance if they are still wanting a donation.
ANY OTHER MATTERS
§ Email sent to councillors regarding litter clearance. To be put on February agenda.
§ Emergency Plan passed to Mr Tormey.
§ Footpaths – Several footpaths are in need of attention. Some matters have been reported to Herefordshire Council. Clerk to write to Mrs Walden to ask if she still wishes to continue in the capacity of Parish Footpaths Officer.
MEETING CLOSED AT 9.35 p.m.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING Monday 9th February 2009