MINUTES OF ASTON INGHAM PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 12TH MARCH 2012 AT 7.30 P.M. IN THE VILLAGE HALL
ATTENDED BY Mr J. Harding (chairman), Mr C.Tormey, Mr S. Burns, Mrs R.Tree (councillors) and four parishioners.
APOLOGIES WERE RECEIVED FROM Mr J. Whatley and Mr E. Green.
MINUTES OF FEBRUARY MEETING were read, approved and signed.
1) Letter of acknowledgement from Highways asking for details of ownership of overhanging hedge. Clerk to respond.
2) Salt bin installed by Knapp Cottage. Letter of thanks from Mr Spragg.
3) Potholes on Beavans Hill still not dealt with – reminders have been given.
4) Sunken drains at Crews Hill causing problems. This was originally reported nearly two years ago. Clerk to write to Chief Executive.
5) More research has been done regarding the Preaching/Pilgrim’s Cross in Churchyard. Awaiting communication from architect.
6) May Hill. Site for beacon is apparently owned by Longhope Parish Council. Contact will be made regarding this.
7) Information collated on Jubilee mugs was circulated.
8) Awaiting response from Herefordshire Council regarding village boundary sign, but examples from one website were viewed.
1. Vine Tree Cottage, Aston Ingham Lane. S120472/FH. Two storey rear extension. The Parish Council had no objections.
2. Hill Aston, Lea. S120276/FH. The Parish Council did not support this application. See observations.
3. Stable block, North side of road from Beavans Hill. Mrs C. Jeffery requested the Parish Council’s support regarding the attempt by Herefordshire Council to charge business rates for the building. Mrs Jeffery was advised to contact Mr Bramer, District Councillor, initially.
i. Clerk/Council Direct
ii. Localism – Journal of Local Planning
iii. Neighbourhood Planning – notes from conference
iv. Herefordshire Partnership Newsletter
v. Children’s Centre meetings
vi. General Power of Competence – freedom to pray
viii. Youth groups – information to be circulated
FINANCE C.A. £1504.72 A.I.P.C.H.F. £107.63 p.c. £19.19
1) Donation from parishioner of £100 towards Jubilee projects. Clerk to write letter of thanks.
2) Clerk’s salary (3 months) – £200.00. Mr Harding proposed this be paid. Mrs Tree seconded. All in favour. Cheques written separately. £160.00 – Clerk. £40.00 – H.M.R.C.
3) Travelling expenses for Clerk’s H.M.R.C. course at Worcester – £27.00. Mr Harding proposed this be paid. Mrs Tree seconded. All in favour.
ANY OTHER MATTERS – none
DATES OF NEXT MEETINGS – Tuesday 10th April