MINUTES OF ASTON INGHAM PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 14TH JUNE 2010 AT 7.30 P.M. IN THE VILLAGE HALL
Mr J. Harding (Chairman), Mr C. Tormey, Mr J. Whatley, Mr E. Green, Mrs R.Tree.
APOLOGIES WERE RECEIVED FROM Mr S. Burns.
MINUTES OF MAY MEETING were read, approved and signed.
1) Potholes at Stockings field and Withymoor Farm. Clerk to advise Amey. Also, U70226 at Y-junction by Rose Cottage (Stoney Road) – hedge sticking out and impairing visibility.
2) Horse warning signs – clerk to contact Ray Wallace for update, as there was a near miss involving car and rider recently.
3) Tennis Club lights – letter read from Forest of Dean District Council apologizing for lack of consultation and enclosing conditions. Clerk to reply requesting that they consult adjoining parishes in future, as this is not the only instance of lack of liaison (Mill Villa) and these applications do affect Herefordshire residents.
4) Running water B4222 – letter to confirm that remedial works have been ordered.
1. White Hart Cottages (No. 1, not 3 as in application) DMSE/101084/FH – No objections, but observations made regarding future applications.
1. Amey – litter support
2. Salt bins – questionnaire
3. Clerk to confirm Harry Bramer’s attendance at next meeting.
4. Emergency co-ordinator correspondence passed to Mr Harding and Mr Tormey to arrange training.
5. Flooding – risk assessment
6. Planning and Community Action – course. Mr Tormey and Mr Whatley expressed an interest in attending. Mr Harding proposed Parish Council fund 50% of course fee. Mrs Tree seconded. All in favour.
C.A. £2296.58 A.I.P.C.H.F. £7.63 P.C. 15.76
I. Clerk’s Salary. Mr Harding proposed clerk be paid £385.00 (6 months). Mr Whatley seconded. All in favour.
II. Annual Insurance Premium (Came and Company) £262.50. Mrs Tree proposed this be paid. Mr Tormey seconded. All in favour.
III. Audit – Annual Governance Statement. Points were read, discussed and agreed for Annual Return, due 14th July.
ANY OTHER MATTERS
Parish Map – It was suggested that Parish Council look into applying for a grant for refurbishment.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Monday 12th July
MEETING CLOSED AT 9.12 p.m.