MINUTES OF ASTON INGHAM PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 14TH MARCH 2011 AT 7.30 P.M IN THE VILLAGE HALL
ATTENDED BY Mr James Harding (chairman) , Mr J Whatley, Mrs R Tree, Mr C Tormey, and Mr S Burns (Councillors).
APOLOGIES WERE RECEIVED FROM Mr E Green.
MINUTES OF FEBRUARY MEETING
The minutes of the last meeting were read. Comments regarding the planning application for Fourwinds were amended to reflect concerns
expressed over the height of the garage/gym as well as usage.
1. Roads – Letter received from Joe Neil at Amey regarding the Parish Council’s letter of the 27th February. Other outstanding highway issues to be kept under review. Amey scheduling spreadsheet still not received – Clerk to contact Harry Bramer.
2. Parish Map – Mr Whatley to obtain binding samples/styles and fonts for the next meeting. The Chairman thanked Mrs Tree for her work in securing the generous grant from Lea Residents’ Association.
Mr Tormey had attended a Herefordshire Council presentation on parish websites, and had agreed to forward details of the Aston Ingham blogsite to HALC. The AI blogsite will need to incorporate an appropriate disclaimer and ideally the names and telephone numbers of the parish councillors. However, councillors did not wish their telephone numbers to be published on the internet. Mr Tormey will ensure that three people have access to the blogsite for editing purposes.
It was agreed that the Aston Ingham website should act as the portal for all parish council information and that it would not be necessary to register any additional domain names. Mr Tormey will add a link to the Herefordshire Council Planning/Planning Portal website. Mr Tormey reported that Herefordshire Council is redesigning its website to make it easier to use.
Information, timetable and nomination packs circulated – parish councillor applications to be with Herefordshire Council by 4th April.
Ø Questionnaire completed on internet usage. Possibility of setting up Parish Council email address instead of using clerk’s.
1. H.A.L.C. – Information Corner/courses/Parish Meetings/Election booklets/Posters
2. Clerk/Council Direct
3. Newslines (2 copies)
4. Herefordshire Matters
5. H.A.L.C. course – Understanding the full legal role of a Parish Council Chairman, 22nd March.
6. H.A.L.C. – Data Control Notification to the Information Commissioner.
FINANCE C.A. £2030.33 A.I.P.C.H.F. £7.63 P.C. £4.44
ANY OTHER MATTERS
· Mr Whatley requested that a current edition of ‘Local Council Administration’ (Charles Arnold Baker) be acquired. Clerk to contact Linda Wilcox at HALC.
· Clerk to check with Mr Spragg whether grit bin had been replaced on Oak Lane
DATE OF NEXT MEETINGS
Monday 11th April
Monday 9th May – Parish Meeting, followed by Annual Meeting of the Parish Council
MEETING CLOSED AT 9.30 P.M.