MINUTES OF ASTON INGHAM PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 13TH SEPTEMBER 2010 AT 7.30 P.M. IN THE VILLAGE HALL
Mr J. Harding, (Chairman), Mr J. Whatley, Mr S. Burns, Mrs R. Tree (councillors), Ms. L. Rackley (parishioner)
APOLOGIES WERE RECEIVED FROM
Mr E. Green, Mr C. Tormey
MINUTES OF JULY MEETING were read, approved and signed.
1. 40 m.p.h. signs and horse warning signs had been erected. Mr Wallace had asked if there had been any marked difference as a result of speed limit signs. Residents to be consulted. Clerk to reply.
2. Highways – drains on Crews Hill full. Potholes at Ambleside UC70223/70226 and Sparrow Lane UC70227. Also problems with visibility by Bendalls (coming from Mill Lane onto B4222).
3. Parish Map – possibility of grant from Lea Show proceeds. Application to be made by December.
4. H.A.L.C. training courses – several interesting points – some procedures to be looked at as a result, including planning applications that fall between meetings.
5. The Chimes. Concern expressed regarding lack of recent minutes for Parish Council meetings. Minutes cannot be published until they are approved, but notes on meeting could be produced. Clerk and Chairman to look into this and contact H.A.L.C. To be discussed at next meeting.
6. Emergency co-ordinators meeting. Mr Tormey to attend.
7. Joint Parish Meetings. Clerk to contact Linton and Kilcot parish councils to check whether any meetings are scheduled, as it is a year since the last one at Aston Ingham.
1. The Dane, Barrel Lane DMS/101582/F. No objections but observations made.
Permission. Conditions read and noted.
2. Rose Cottage DMS/101237/FH. Proposed garage and erection of a pair of vehicle gates, erection of pedestrian gates to rear of property. Permission. Conditions read and noted.
3. White Hart Cottages DMS/101776 – application deferred as no quorum. (Mr Burns and Mr Whatley declared an interest).
I. County Archives information – passed to Mr Whatley
II. Sandbags – Mr Harding to check current stocks
III. H.A.L.C. Information Corner/Guide for Parish Council websites/Policy for dealing with unreasonable behaviour/Policy for grants and donations
IV. Clerk/Council Direct
V. Land Registry
VI. Queen Elizabeth II Fields Challenge
VII. Amey – Parish Walk
VIII. Police Newsletter
X. No need for Nuclear
XI. Festival Housing
XII. Citizens Advice Bureau. Application for grant – to be discussed
XIII. Shaping Our Place
FINANCE C.A. £1559.08 A.I.P.C.H.F. £7.63 P.C. £13.05
1) Precept received – £875.00
2) An application is likely to be made to the Parish Council from the Parochial Church Council for help with grass cutting costs at the churchyard.
3) Letter from Mr Bach, Internal Auditor.
ANY OTHER MATTERS – None
DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Monday 11th October 2010
MEETING CLOSED AT 9.12 p.m.