MINUTES OF ASTON INGHAM PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 8TH JULY 2013 AT 7.30 P.M. IN THE VILLAGE HALL
ATTENDED BY Mr J. Whatley (Chairman), Mr C. Tormey, Mrs R. Tree, Mr J. Harding, Mr S. Burns.
APOLOGIES were received from Mr E. Green
MINUTES OF JUNE MEETING were read, approved and signed, with one amendment.
1) PC-IRIS. Lynda Wilcox (H.A.L.C.) advised that no action be taken as Amey contract was finishing.
2) Working party – highlighted the works not completed by Amey. Drainage holes were running straight into solid earth and therefore serving no purpose. Work to be continued on Monday 15th July at 10.00 a.m.
3) Letter to Mr Stallard regarding water running off fields. Points discussed. Some areas to be checked before letter is sent.
4) Village Cross. Possibility of flier to be put in Chimes regarding fundraising. Clerk to check with representatives from organizations who had donation forms whether there has been any response. Village Cross working party to meet on Wednesday 7th August at 7.30 p.m. at The Larches.
5) Village Well, for which Parish Council is responsible, has been vandalised. Two men in a builder’s van dismantled part of it and caused a lot of damage. Area has been cleared and made safer and police have been informed. If anyone has any information regarding this theft, or would be interested in helping to restore the well please contact the Clerk.
1) 1 White Hart Cottages, Aston Crews. 131392/FH. Single storey extension. The Parish Council had no objections.
2) Rock Farm, Lea. 131025/F. Use of land for the erection of polytunnels. (Retrospective). Mr Whatley had looked into policies regarding polytunnels and effects on overall health of economy would take precedence. Majority vote in favour. (1 against, 1 abstention).
I. Clerk/Council Direct
II. Ross Town Council
III. Living well for longer – grant scheme
IV. H.A.L.C. – Information Corner
FINANCE C.A. £2362.70 A.I.P.C.H.F. £107.63 P.C. £10.09
I. H.A.L.C. invoice (Annual Subscription) – £244.11. Mr Tormey proposed this be paid, Mrs Tree seconded. All in favour.
II. Audit. Mrs Tree proposed £30.00 be paid to Mr Bach for his work as Internal Auditor. Mr Harding seconded. All in favour.
ANY OTHER MATTERS
Mr Tormey asked the councillors to consider the possibility of the Parish Council purchasing a piece of land within the village to build sheltered housing for those residents who wish to stay in Aston Ingham.
DATE OF NEXT MEETINGS – Monday 9th September
Monday 14th October
MEETING CLOSED AT 9.20 p.m.