MINUTES OF ASTON INGHAM PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 9TH JULY 2012 AT 7.30 P.M IN THE VILLAGE HALL
ATTENDED BY Mr J. Harding (chairman), Mr C. Tormey, Mr E. Green, Mrs R. Tree, Mr J. Whatley, Mr S. Burns.
MINUTES OF JUNE MEETING were read, approved and signed.
1) Overhanging hedge at junction to Barrel Lane – Mr Whatley to check whether this has been attended to.
2) Oaks Lane – potholes have still not been filled
3) Drains within village have not been cleared, causing problems by Majaro Barn and below School House.
4) 30 m.p.h sign which was knocked over by contractor last summer has still not been reinstated.
Above problems to be photographed and reported to Herefordshire Council again.
5) Sandbags have been delivered and half have been refilled.
6) Mr Ray Wallace (speed management officer) and Mr Whatley met on site to discuss safety issues at junction to Linton by Penny Farthing. Junction/bend sign is to be replaced and warning signs (slow) put on road at both approaches to the bend. Other road markings to be renewed,
CODE OF CONDUCT
Ø Clerk to resend pecuniary interest forms to Mr Burns. All other forms have been returned.
Ø H.A.L.C. Code of Conduct discussed. Mr Whatley proposed that N.A.L.C. and H.A.L.C. codes be compared before formally adopting a new code. Mr Harding seconded. All in favour.
Details for construction of a secure cabinet to be finalised and quotations to be sought after next meeting.
1) Yew Tree Cottage, Sargents Lane, Kilcot S121543/F – change of use of land from pasture to existing garden. The Parish Council had no objections. Mr Whatley proposed, Mr Tormey seconded. All in favour.
2) Herefordshire Council are no longer notifying Parish Councils of planning decisions. H.A.L.C. have asked if the Parish Council would like them to pursue reinstatement of direct notification by electronic means. Mr Tormey proposed that we should ask them to do this, Mr Harding seconded. All in favour.
i. H.A.L.C. Information Corner
ii. Letter informing Parish Council that Herefordshire Council are no longer providing black refuse sacks to households
iii. Clerk/Council Direct
iv. Letter from Alice Basey thanking Footpaths Officer for repairs to stiles on Ariconium Walk
v. Electoral Review
vi. H.A.L.C. New Code of Conduct briefing meeting on 25th July at Brockington. Mr Harding and Mr Whatley to attend
FINANCE C.A. £1709.15 A.I.P.C.H.F. £107.63 P.C. £4.57
1) Mr Harding proposed £20.00 be transferred to petty cash, Mrs Tree seconded. All in favour.
2) Audit – Internal Audit had been completed and Annual Return sent to External Auditor – minor points raised were discussed. Mr Whatley proposed £30.00 be paid to Internal Auditor, Mrs Tree seconded. All in favour.
ANY OTHER MATTERS
v Mr Harding had repainted gold crests on Jubilee gates at new churchyard – second coat to be completed.
v The Police have requested that they be contacted by anyone seeing the following vehicles in the area, as suspicious activity has been observed.
1) Light grey Ford Ka – F530 WOF
2) Silver blue Peugeot estate – CK55 WSZ
DATE OF NEXT MEETING Monday 10th September
MEETING CLOSED AT 9.05 p.m.