MINUTES OF ASTON INGHAM PARISH ANNUAL MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 12TH MAY 2009 AT 7.30.P.M. IN THE VILLAGE HALL
Mr J. Whatley (Acting Chairman), Mr C.Tormey, Mr E. Green,
Mr S. Burns
APOLOGIES WERE RECEIVED FROM
Mr J. Harding, Mrs R.Tree
ELECTION OF OFFICERS
Mr Burns proposed that Mr Harding be elected as Chairman, Mr Green seconded. All in favour.
Mr Burns proposed Mr Whatley be elected as Vice-Chairman, Mr Green seconded. All in favour.
Mr Tormey proposed that Mr Whatley continue in role of Planning Officer. Mr Green seconded. All in favour.
Mr Harding to sign Acceptance of Office.
MINUTES OF APRIL MEETING were read, approved and signed.
1) Roads and Verges – Clerk to email Ray Wallace re speed monitoring at Crews Hill.
2) Richard Wood – email as no response received regarding fly tipping.
3) Map for footpaths (areas requiring attention). Mr Tormey to pass on to Mrs Tree.
4) The Bungalow, Pigs Cross – Letter from Enforcement
a) Hedge replanted
b) Car disappeared, but parking on Darks Road and Shotts Lane – to be monitored
5) Smartwater Signage – 5 signs for £14.95 each. Mr Whatley proposed we purchase 6 signs. Mr Tormey seconded. All in favour. Councillors to check possible sites.
6) Fireproof safe, I hour protection, slightly larger capacity £116.00. Mr Whatley to continue to check prices.
7) CPRE – Stop the Drop – Volunteers to be sought before kits are purchased, probably to take place in Autumn. Clerk to write and thank Mr and Mr Rodesano for work they do in collecting litter when out walking.
8) Funding Directory passed to Clerk.
9) Response from H.A.L.C. regarding Minutes.
10) Freedom of Information Act – No changes to current policies.
1) Progress reports from joint meeting.
2) Public Sector Equality bill
3) Clerk/Council Direct
4) Jesse Norman – small shops
6) Marie Curie Cancer Care
7) Policing Matters
8) Gorsley/Kilcot Newsletter
FINANCE C.A. £2213.95 A.I.P.C.H.F. £7.63 P.C. £11.62
1) Precept received – £875.00
2) Insurance Norwich Union quotation received. Mr Whatley proposed we take 3 year agreement (£266.48) Mr Tormey seconded. All in favour.
3) H.A.L.C. invoice – £156.08. Mr Whatley proposed this be paid. Mr Burns seconded. All in favour.
4) Mr Tormey proposed land easement be paid (£20.00) to Godfrey Payton. Mr Green seconded. Mr Whatley declared an interest. All in favour.
5) Audit – Annual Return agreed and completed.
6) Letter from Scout Group thanking Parish Council for donation.
ANY OTHER MATTERS
Mr Tormey asked whether Parish Map would need to be put on Assets Register – to be checked
DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Monday 8th June
MEETING CLOSED AT 9.15.p.m.