MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON MONDAY 23RD MAY 2011 AT 7.30P.M. IN THE VILLAGE HALL
ATTENDED BY Mr J. Harding (Chairman), Mr J.Whatley, Mr C. Tormey, Mrs R. Tree, Mr E. Green, Mr S. Burns
ELECTION OF OFFICERS
CHAIRMAN – Mrs Tree proposed Mr J. Harding, Mr Whatley seconded. All in favour.
VICE CHAIRMAN – Mr Harding proposed Mr Whatley, Mrs Tree seconded. All in favour.
PLANNING OFFICER – Mr Harding proposed Mr Whatley, Mr Tormey seconded. All in favour.
Declaration of Acceptance of Office forms were witnessed and signed.
Mr Tormey and Mr Burns volunteered to represent the Parish Council on the Village Hall Committee.
MINUTES OF APRIL MEETING were read, approved and signed. Amendments were made to Planning 1V (line omission) and the date of the Annual Meeting of the Parish Council had to be changed following advice from H.A.L.C.
1. Roads – letter of acknowledgement from Amey. Spreadsheet has been suspended for the moment.
2. No response to Mr Tormey’s email to Amey. Letter to be written to Mr Bramer asking why action has not been taken on potholes, as damage to cars has been reported. An independent website is to be looked at which deals with this type of problem. Comment regarding Parish Council’s efforts to improve situation to be put in The Chimes.
3. Parish map – work has been completed apart from gold lettering on spine, which was dependent upon the original date. Mr Harding proposed that cheque be written when work is done to avoid waiting for next meeting. The possibility of a wall mounted case was to be explored to display the map.
4. Data Protection – to be discussed at next meeting
5. Website – under development – up to date as far as possible.
I. The Grange. DMS/10262/L – Permission. Conditions read and noted.
II. Wayside, Aston Crews. DMS/11075/FH. Proposed alterations and two storey and single storey extensions. No objections.
III. Pike Cottage, Lea. DMS/110930/FH. Proposed two storey extension to existing cottage with revised access arrangements and associated parking and garage. No objections, but observations were made regarding the existing garage, excavation work and proposed wall.
Ø Funding event/Ross-on-Wye & District directory of voluntary and community groups
Ø Clerk/Council Direct
Ø H.A.L.C.courses /Chairman’s advice/P.A.Y.E. Guidance note 2/leaflets
Ø Standing orders
Ø Locality working
FINANCE C.A. £2885.33 A.I.P.C.H.F. £7.63 P.C. £17.83
1. Accounts were presented and Receipts and Payments book signed. Mr Harding proposed that accounts be adopted, Mr Whatley seconded. All in favour.
2. P.A.Y.E. Clerk to register Parish Council as an employer.
3. Godfrey Payton. Land Easement. Mr Harding proposed payment of £20.00 be made. Mr Green seconded. All in favour. Mr Whatley declared an interest.
4. Insurance. Came and Company renewal quotation. Mrs Tree proposed payment of £262.50 be made. Mr Whatley seconded. All in favour.
5. Postage for copy of Charles Arnold Baker was an extra £5.45. Mr Whatley proposed this be taken out of Petty Cash. Mr Harding seconded. All in favour.
6. Precept received. £875.00.
ANY OTHER MATTERS
v Request for support on gate for Lea Show on August Bank Holiday
v Mrs Tree thanked Mr Harding and Mr Tormey for their participation and co-operation.
v Footpaths – lack of response from Chris Gardner – clerk to write.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Monday 13th June
MEETING CLOSED AT 9.35 p.m.