MINUTES OF ANNUAL MEETING OF ASTON INGHAM PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON WEDNESDAY 15TH MAY 2013 AT 7.30 P.M. IN THE VILLAGE HALL
ATTENDED BY Mr J. Harding (Chairman), Mr J. Whatley, Mr C. Tormey, Mr S. Burns, Mrs R.Tree.
APOLOGIES WERE RECEIVED FROM Mr E. Green.
ELECTION OF OFFICERS
Mr Harding proposed Mr Whatley, Mr Tormey seconded. All in favour. Mr Whatley took the chair and signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
Mr Harding was thanked for his hard work and dedication over the last years.
Mr Harding proposed Mr Tormey, Mr Burns seconded. All in favour.
MINUTES OF APRIL MEETING were read, approved and signed, with one amendment. The Chimes web address – www.thechimes.org.uk had not been included in note 3 of ‘Matters Arising’.
Chairman to visit Councillor Green to discuss problems in attending meetings.
Meeting at Larruperz Centre on May 23rd at 5.00 p.m. regarding proposed closure of Herefordshire libraries.
Clerk to contact Mr Stallard regarding problems of water running off fields.
Response from Amey with job numbers for road defects and fly tipping. Potholes on B4222 are the only ones attended to so far.
Email from Ray Wallace regarding signage at Aston Crews.
Blocked drains at Crews Hill causing flooding and highway dangers. Bob Haynes, Safety Officer, to be contacted.
Advertisement and information regarding village cross to be put into next issue of The Chimes. Setting up of a village/church Standing Committee to be considered for the project.
Mrs Potter’s suggestion for ‘adopting a footpath’ to be pursued. Clerk to contact Mrs Potter and liaise with Mr Whatley.
Letter from Mr Willmont in response to letter to Andrew Ashcroft about amendments to Planning Permissions.
1) Five Wells, Kilcot. S/130051/FH. Replacement garage. Approved with conditions.
2) Bannock Tree, Aston Ingham Road. S/130848/FH. Proposed building of double garage. The Parish Council had no objections.
3) Land adjoining Millbrook Gardens. New application for four dwellings. Parish Council, as adjoining parish, has not received notification. Councillors to look at online plans and report any comments to Mr Whatley.
i. Herefordshire Council – budget
ii. Western Power Distribution
iii. Diamond Jubilee Coronation – invitation
iv. Neighbourhood Planning Newsletter
v. H.A.L.C. Information Corner
vi. Gorsley and Kilcot Newsletter
vii. Clerk/Council Direct
viii. Poster – Hereford Museum
ix. Beating Boundaries challenge
FINANCE C.A £2883.15 A.I.P.C.H.F. £107.63 P.C. £14.89
1) Annual Insurance Premium (Came and Company) £265.00. Mr Harding proposed this be paid. Mr Burns seconded. All in favour.
2) Remittance advice for Precept – £1250.00
3) Land Easement. (Godfrey-Payton). Mr Tormey proposed sum of £20.00 be paid. Mrs Tree seconded. All in favour. Mr Whatley declared an interest.
ANY OTHER MATTERS – none
DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Monday 10th June
MEETING CLOSED AT 9.15 p.m.