MINUTES OF ASTON INGHAM PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 14TH SEPTEMBER 2009 AT 7.30-P.M. IN THE VILLAGE HALL
ATTENDED BY : –
Mr J. Harding, Mr E. Green, Mrs R.Tree, Mr C.Tormey, Mr J. Whatley (Councillors)
CSO Mr Paul Leighton
No apologies were received
MINUTES OF JULY MEETING were read, approved and signed.
REPORT FROM CSO
Mr Leighton said that thefts from outbuildings were still the major area of concern, with power tools and gardening equipment being taken. Police were trying to encourage people to take responsibility for their own security, by fitting stronger locks on sheds and by using and advertising Smartwater. Our proximity to major routes made the villages easy targets.
1. Roads in Aston Ingham. Mr Harding rang Mr Wallace regarding ongoing upgrade work. The chevrons at Barrel Lane had been done. Road markings were planned for September. Other improvements were to be completed by Amey, and this was to be followed up. Mrs Tree felt that progress was too slow and inconsistent, and that there were discrepancies. Mr Wallace had denied receipt of map showing suggested placing of horse signs, and the agreement to install them at the December meeting. Copy of letter and plan to be sent to Mr Wallace, also to Harry Bramer.
2. Potholes on roads – worst on U70227/U70226 (opposite Morton’s and Withymoor Farm) Clerk to contact Highways.
3. Smartwater – Mr Whatley was waiting for Liaison Officer, Graham Davey, to contact him.
4. Firesafe/Parish Map – Binders at Cheltenham – Leather complete, half bind with corners, or quarter (spine only) and cleaning £450, £325, £275. Valuation was difficult because it is the importance to the Parish rather than its value as a historic document which is significant.
Safe – 530mmx460mmx480mm (exterior) 75kg would be £360.00 Village Hall were willing to contribute and have identified a site. Mr Harding thanked Mr Whatley for his work on this. All documents to be brought to October meeting which will be put into safe to take exact measurements and determine size needed.
5. Flooding at Knightshill – Letter drafted -copy of map needed or grid reference.
6. Emergency Planning – ongoing.
7. June and July minutes to be emailed to Mr Tormey.
8. Footpaths – Mr Harding to bring map to next meeting. Mr Whatley suggested that a friend who was staying in the village would be very pleased to walk some of the footpaths to check out defects. Pathfinder Map to be purchased.
1. Rose Cottage, Stoney Road. Gates and garage. This was discussed. Mr Whatley to email comments.
2. Bella Lea,Lea Line – development to be monitored.
1. Parish Ponds
2. Advertisement for Magistrates
3. Mobile Library questionnaire
4. Seminar – European Landscape Convention
6. Small shops
7. Festival Housing
10. H.A.L.C. – Information Corner, courses, Parish Meeting, Parish Polls, Strengthening local democracy
FINANCE C.A. £1386.89 A.I.P.C.H.F. £7.63 P.C. £8.50
Precept received £875.00
Payment to Internal Auditor, Mr Bach. Mr Harding proposed £25.00, Mrs Tree seconded. All in favour.
ANY OTHER MATTERS
Litter Action – 10 people had already volunteered. Gloves and tabards to be provided by CPRE. Litterpickers (tools) were advised. Prices to be checked out.
Area behind Village Hall. The Committee would like it to be fenced for children’s safety Permission needed from Parish Council as trustees. Plans to be checked.
Joint Parishes meeting to be held at Aston Ingham on Monday 28th September. Agenda to be emailed to relevant people. Wendy Powell to be contacted.
MEETING CLOSED AT 9.50
DATE OF NEXT MEETING MONDAY 12TH OCTOBER
JOINT PARISHES MEETING – MONDAY 28TH SEPTEMBER