MINUTES OF ASTON INGHAM PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 12TH SEPTEMBER 2011 AT 7.30 P.M. IN THE VILLAGE HALL
ATTENDED BY Mr J. Harding (Chairman), Mr C. Tormey, Mr S. Burns, Mrs R. Tree
APOLOGIES WERE RECEIVED FROM Mr E. Green, Mr J. Whatley.
MINUTES OF JULY MEETING were read, approved and signed.
1. Claim made against Herefordshire Council by Mrs J. Holman following damage to her car from potholes on road. Payment had been made, but an implication was made by Mr Fottrell (Income Manager) that Mrs Holman had been lying. An apology had been requested, but not yet received. Mr Bramer (District Councillor) and Lynda Wilcox (H.A.L.C.) aware of situation . Mr Tormey to email Mr Bramer to update and advise him of defects from the Parish Walk not yet addressed. Clerk to write to Chief Executive regarding lack of response to Parish Council correspondence.
2. Mr Spragg telephoned Mr Harding regarding provision of replacement salt bin on Oak Lane. Clerk had contacted Council to request this. Clerk to make another request and write to Mr Spragg with update.
3. Chimes – notes from meeting to be sent to new sub-editor, Marilyn Wheeler.
4. Email received from Enforcement Officer regarding caravans on land adjacent to Warren Farm. Clerk to write expressing concerns from parishioners.
5. General Notice of Registrable Interests. Clerk had forwarded forms, but new style forms were required to be completed. These were distributed.
6. Mr S. Davis had contacted Council with highway concerns. These had been discussed at Emergency Planning Meeting, but it was felt matters should first be taken to Linton Council.
1. Emergency Planning Meeting was held to discuss Church Cottage, application DMS/111712/FH . Construction of dining room extension with en suite to existing cottage. Detached garden studio also proposed. The Parish Council did not support this application.
2. Pike Cottage DMS/110930/FH. Planning permission. Conditions read and noted.
3. Four Winds, Shotts Lane. DMS/111736. Non-material amendment to planning permission – permission granted.
4. DMS/11527/F HE2545 Land title North side of road from Beavans Hill – proposed new stable block. No objection, but some concerns expressed.
5. Church Cottage DMS/111712/FH. Permission. Conditions read and noted.
6. Clerk to email councillors number for planning application for Middle Barrel Farm, (2007) so that plans can be viewed online.
I. Jesse Norman – update
II. Clerk/Council Direct
IV. Museum on the Move
V. Broadband- information regarding questionnaires
VI. Sandbags. Mr Harding to check current status. Clerk to make notice regarding siting and availability.
VII. H.A.L.C. – Information Corner/courses/A.G.M. /Locality Framework
FINANCE C.A. £1689.94 A.I.P.C.H.F. £7.63 P.C. £7.55
1. Election expenses – £47.66 – invoice to be forwarded.
2. Letter from Mr Bach (Internal Auditor) regarding Audit – no problems identified. Mr Harding proposed, Mrs Tree seconded that £30.00 be paid to Internal Auditor. All in favour.
3. Mazars – Conclusion of Audit Invoice for £60.00. Mr Harding proposed this be paid. Mrs Tree seconded. All in favour.
4. Clerk’s Salary (3 months) – £200.00. Mr Harding proposed this be paid. Mr Tormey seconded. All in favour.
5. Letter from Aston Ingham Scout Group requesting donation towards replacement gate. Mrs Tree proposed £50.00. Mr Burns seconded. All in favour.
ANY OTHER MATTERS
· Parish Map – cabinet or case for display – agenda for October
· Keep Britain Tidy Week – litter picking teams to be organized for week following grass cutting
· Queen’s Diamond Jubilee – possible projects for Parish Council to embark upon to be thought about. It was suggested that refurbishing the George V Jubilee Cross in the churchyard might be one idea.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Monday 10th October
MEETING CLOSED AT 9.15 p.m.