MINUTES OF ASTON INGHAM PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 11TH FEBRUARY 2013 AT 7.30 P.M. IN THE VILLAGE HALL
ATTENDED BY Mr J. Harding (Chairman), Mr C. Tormey, Mr S. Burns, Mr J. Whatley, Mrs R. Tree
APOLOGIES WERE RECEIVED FROM Mr E. Green
MINUTES OF JANUARY MEETING were read, approved and signed.
1) 30 m.p.h. sign. Email from Carol Saunders (Customer Insight Unit ) apologizing for confusion between signs on B4222 and Oaks Lane. A repeater sign has been requested.
2) Potholes – new defects at the junction of Barrel Lane and B4222 and on bend on B4222 by Lanx Cottage to be reported on PC-IRIS.
3) Flooding – response from Environment Agency. Relevant information to be used regarding water and topsoil running off fields in communication with landowners. Booklet (On the Edge) to be downloaded for Parish Council to refer to and copy to be forwarded to Councillors Whatley and Burns.
4) Reminder to Herefordshire Council about clearing of drains.
5) Oaks Lane. During recent bad weather fire engines from Herefordshire were stuck on Oaks Lane when called to a house fire, because of treacherous icy condition of lane. Recovery vehicles had to be called and the fire had to be attended by emergency vehicle from Gloucestershire. Had the road been salted the road may have been passable. Clerk to contact Herefordshire Council to request salt bins at this site, also in Barrel Lane and Crews Hill.
6) Preaching Cross. Leaflets ready to be placed in church. Discussion about construction of box for display.
7) Gorsley/Kilcot Parish Council had forwarded a copy of their letter to Gloucestershire County Council about the problems of HGV’s on the B4222, requesting signage. Letter to be written to Richard Waters reinforcing these points.
8) Planning Application Process. Letters from Mike Willmont and Councillor Hamilton giving information on current status. Clerk to contact Lynda Wilcox (H.A.L.C.) to see if letter to M.P. would be helpful.
9) A letter from Brandon Lewis, M.P. indicated that dispensations were not necessary for councillors in setting the Annual Precept.
1) Five Wells, Kilcot. S/130051/FH. Replacement garage. Mr Tormey declared an interest. The Parish Council had no objections.
2) 1 and 2 White Hart Cottages, Aston Crews. 130126/FH. Proposed summer house. The Parish Council had no objections.
i. H.A.L.C. Information Corner
ii. Boundary Commission
iii. Diamond County Awards
iv. Mothering Bunday
FINANCE C.A £1853.15 A.I.P.C.H.F. £107.63 P.C. £4.39
1) Clerk had attended PAYE briefing at Hereford on 5th February. Mr Tormey proposed that invoice be paid on receipt and clerk’s travelling expenses. Mr Harding seconded. All in favour.
ANY OTHER MATTERS
v Dog fouling had been reported in the D Loop. Reminder to be put in The Chimes about this problem, and keeping dogs under control on footpaths.
v Escaped ponies have made their way down Oaks Lane and have been causing damage on lawns in the village. Police have been alerted, and complaints will be made once ownership is established.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING Monday 11th March 2013
MEETING CLOSED AT 9.15 p.m.