MINUTES OF ASTON INGHAM PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 11TH JULY 2016 AT 7.30 P.M. IN THE VILLAGE HALL
ATTENDED BY Mr J. Whatley (Chairman), Mr C. Tormey, Mr R. Green, Mr J. Harding, Mr S. Burns (councillors)
APOLOGIES WERE RECEIVED AND ACCEPTED FROM Mr N. Smith
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND REQUESTS FOR DISPENSATIONS – none
PUBLIC SUBMISSIONS – none
MINUTES OF JUNE MEETING were read, approved and signed.
ACTION POINTS ADDRESSED
1) Padlock has been removed from gate by fenced off well.
2) Chairman has spoken to Harry Bramer, District Councillor, regarding overhanging hedges/trees between School House and Barrel Lane. Mr Bramer will discuss problem with Geoff Hughes, Director of Economic Regeneration, at forthcoming meeting.
3) Spreadsheet with highway issues has been updated.
4) Clerk awaiting response from Ian Connolly regarding RTAs.
1) Exit onto B4222 from Mill Lane. Visibility is poor again. Clerk to write to Gloucestershire Highways. (Action Item 1)
2) Gate at Kingsmill. Mr Whatley to respond to owner and report back to meeting. (Action Item 2)
1) Hill View Farm, Aston Crews. 161833. Notification for prior approval for a proposed change of use of an agricultural building to a dwelling house (class C3) and for associated operational development. Proposed conversion of and alterations to a general purpose steel portal frame livestock building to create one residential dwelling. (As this is a prior approval determination for change of use the Parish Council is not required to comment.)
2) Newstead, Aston Ingham. 161152. Demolition of flat roofed extensions, renovations and extensions to bungalow. The Parish Council supported this application in principle, but concerns were raised about the height of the roof line and the colour of the timber cladding.
➢ Clerk/Council Direct
➢ Meeting in Hereford on 28th July regarding Herefordshire Council finance. Mr Whatley to attend.
➢ Crystal Clear course (H.A.L.C.) in November – Transparency Code. Representatives to be sent.
➢ Letter from Village Hall Committee. Jean Parsons is retiring as Treasurer after many years service, and a replacement is being sought.
Mr Whatley and Mr Tormey to liaise to source equipment ready for next Village Hall Committee meeting on 5th September. (Action Item 3)
It was agreed that it would be useful to have a list of village wells and their sitings. Mr Harding volunteered to investigate any remaining wells. Mr Green to help. Mr Whatley has been working on the well by the Church.
Mr Whatley has spent some time collating the information collected and Councillors will meet to do further work on this when appropriate stage is reached.
1) Mr Tormey to check availability of laptop and printer and updated cost. (Action Item 4)
2) Clerk to contact Mark Millmore again to set up meeting. (Action Item 5)
➢ Incident at Aston Crews where trailer containing piglets was stolen.
➢ Be aware of new telephone scams.
FINANCE C.A. £5206.84 H.F. £1158.43 P.C. £15.01
Election of vice-chairman to be put on agenda for next meeting
DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Monday 12th September
MEETING CLOSED AT 9.25 p.m.