MINUTES OF ASTON INGHAM PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 11TH JUNE 2012 AT 7.30 P.M. IN THE VILLAGE HALL
ATTENDED BY Mr J. Harding (chairman), Mr C. Tormey, Mr J. Whatley, Mr S. Burns, Mrs R. Tree
APOLOGIES WERE RECEIVED FROM Mr E. Green.
MINUTES OF ANNUAL MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL (MAY) were read, approved and signed.
1) Work is being done on potholes at Lea Line and Beavans Hill. Sunken drains on Crews Hill have been remedied. Clerk to send reminder about potholes on Oaks Lane, as that was the site of an accident – also to be reported on PC-IRIS.
2) Council has received case reference numbers for clearing of other drains within the parish.
3) Sandbags – these have been ordered and should be delivered shortly to clerk’s address.
4) Pilgrim’s Cross – approval has been given and costs are awaited. It was decided to place a separate item in The Chimes to advise parishioners of progress.
5) Problems with footpath AG3. Landowner to be advised. Two stiles on route for Ariconium Walk on 16th June are in urgent need of attention – these to be repaired if possible.
6) Safety issues at junction by Penny Farthing. Mr Wallace will meet with Councillors Whatley and Burns. Clerk to forward contact details.
PLANNING – none
Alternative arrangements to purchasing a dedicated secure housing to be explored and reported at the next meeting. Action – Mr Tormey.
I. H.A.L.C. –Information Corner
II. Localism Act – Pecuniary Interests Regulations and letter from Chris Chapman was circulated. Council will await Model Code from H.A.L.C.
III. Nominations for H.A.L.C. Executive
IV. H.A.L.C. member survey
V. Course – On The Ball
VI. Pride of Herefordshire Awards
VII. Festival Housing
FINANCE C.A. £1909.15 A.I.P.C.H.F. £107.63 P.C. £6.27
1. Annual Governance Statement was read, agreed, signed and dated. Mrs Tree proposed, Mr Burns seconded. All in favour.
2. Letter about new audit arrangements (Limited Assurance) was discussed.
3. Clerk’s salary (3 months) – £200.00. Mr Harding proposed this be paid, Mr Tormey seconded. All in favour. Cheques written separately. (Clerk – £160.00. H.M.R.C. – £40.00)
ANY OTHER MATTERS
* Mrs Tree requested helpers for Lea Show
* Notes for May and June to be forwarded to Mr Tormey
* Mr Whatley talked about points raised in Living Villages Event which he attended recently, and asked the Parish Council to consider possible projects to encourage community cohesion. A survey may be circulated to gauge interest and generate ideas.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Monday 9th July
MEETING CLOSED AT 9.25 p.m.