MINUTES OF ASTON INGHAM PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 12TH NOVEMBER 2012 AT 7.30 P.M. IN THE VILLAGE HALL
ATTENDED BY Mr James Harding (Chairman), Mr C. Tormey, Mr J. Whatley, Mr S. Burns, Mrs R.Tree.
APOLOGIES WERE RECEIVED FROM Mr E Green.
MINUTES OF OCTOBER MEETING were read, approved and signed.
1) Letter from Carol Saunders (Customer Insight Unit) regarding highway issues. Although potholes in Oaks Lane have been filled,
30 m.p.h. sign, which was due to be replaced on 21st October, has not been erected. Clerk to contact Carol Saunders initially, and Mr Bramer if work has not been completed within two weeks of correspondence.
2) Blocked drains between Church and Old Rectory also to be reported again.
3) Correspondence from Mrs Fowler regarding mud on the road at Warren Lane. Police have been contacted and action is apparently being taken. Information from Herefordshire Council regarding problems of mud on road to be circulated to councillors.
4) Sandbags have been ordered but have not yet arrived. Clerk to send reminder so that Mr Harding can complete work.
5) Clerk reported on issues dealt with at joint parishes meeting.
6) No progress regarding ownership of verge outside Bramley Cottage. Mr Tormey to contact Amey.
7) Mr Hale (Gorsley Neighbourhood Watch Co-ordinator) has arranged with The Chimes editors that there should be a full page each month devoted to disseminating information.
8) Planning Questionnaire. Mr Whatley has completed relevant sections and will return to Herefordshire Council.
9) Mr Whatley proposed Parish Council purchase a copy of The Blue Book to refer to for legality issues regarding footpaths. Mr Tormey seconded. All in favour. Footpaths Officer to check out defects on AG18 and AG 21.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Mr Harding proposed that Aston Ingham Parish Council adopt the Herefordshire Council Code of Conduct. Mr Tormey seconded. All in favour.
1. Green Acres Stables, Lea. S122584/F. Additional information regarding this planning application was looked at. Mr Harding proposed that original comments should stand. Mr Whatley seconded. There was a majority vote in favour.
I. H.A.L.C. courses
II. Working with Parish and Town Councils – focus group meetings
III. Clerk/Council Direct
IV. Parish Matters – Came and Co.
V. Festival Housing
VI. Herefordshire Armed Forces Community Covenant
VIII. Posters – Disability Positive Museum Exhibition
IX. Electronic Banking
X. H.A.L.C. –Information Corner
FINANCE C.A £2403.15 A.I.P.C.H.F. £107.63 P.C. £13.38
1) Precept – necessity for dispensations for all councillors living in the parish when setting the precept – to be placed on agenda for December. H.A.L.C. information regarding dispensations also to be discussed.
2) Request from Parochial Church Council for donation towards grass cutting costs. Mr Harding and Mr Whatley, as Churchwardens, signed Declaration of Interest book and took no part in discussion or vote. Mrs Tree proposed Parish Council donate £350.00, Mr Tormey seconded. All in favour.
3) Form to claim course expenses to be passed to Mr Whatley.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING Monday 10th December
MEETING CLOSED AT 9.30 p.m