MINUTES OF ASTON INGHAM PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 13TH FEBRUARY 2012 AT 7.30 P.M. IN THE VILLAGE HALL
ATTENDED BY Mr J. Harding (chairman), Mr J. Whatley, Mr C. Tormey, Mrs R. Tree.
APOLOGIES WERE RECEIVED FROM Mr S. Burns and Mr E. Green.
MINUTES OF JANUARY MEETING were read, approved and signed.
1. Roads. Mr Harding telephoned Amey 10 days ago to report that there was no salt in the bins in Oaks Lane. This was rectified, but a bin has still not been provided by Knapp Cottage. Clerk to contact James Powell and reinforce need for a bin at this location.
2. PC IRIS is not functioning at present, but Mr Tormey has left messages regarding potholes on Beavans Hill.
3. Pilgrim’s/Preaching Cross. (Possible project for Jubilee). The P.C.C. are arranging for Hook Mason to make an initial visit and survey to prepare a specification and have the work put out to tender. The possibility of a grant is being explored.
4. Joint meetings. Letter from Margaret Highton (Clerk to Gorsley and Kilcot Parish Council) regarding possibility of another joint meeting to discuss highway issues.
5. Clerk to compile selection of Jubilee mug styles and prices to be looked at next meeting.
It was suggested that signs for entering village might be enhanced as a Jubilee project. Clerk to check procedure and possible costs.
PLANNING – none
i. Same But Different conference
ii. NALC – letter regarding Parish Council business on personal email accounts as affected by the Freedom of Information Act
iii. HALC – Information Corner. Following item about prayers at Parish Council meetings and the recent judicial review claim against Bideford Town Council, Mr Whatley proposed, Mr Harding seconded, that saying of prayers prior to Parish Council meeting should be placed on the agenda for the Parish Meeting. All in favour.
iv. Herefordshire Diamond Day
v. Constitution – eligibility checklist
vi. Training courses
vii. Get Warm Stay Warm
viii. Glasdon catalogue
ix. Western Power Distribution – stakeholder lunch
x. Letter from Amy Hallett regarding General Notice of Registrable Interests forms – new forms circulated to councillors who had not yet returned theirs.
xi. CPRE/NALC planning publications – Mr Whatley to review to see whether we need to order more copies.
xiii. Electoral Register
FINANCE C.A £1504.72 A.I.P.C.H.F. £7.63 P.C. £20.71
1. Precept – confirmation of amount and payment dates
2. Technology Grant. It was still felt that security would present too much of a problem with purchasing IT equipment for the Parish Council, but clerk to contact Annette Steele (clerk to Lea Parish Council) for her views.
ANY OTHER MATTERS – none
DATES OF NEXT MEETINGS – Monday 12th March
Tuesday 10th April
MEETING CLOSED AT 9.15 p.m.