MINUTES OF ASTON INGHAM PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 13th JUNE 2016 AT 7.30 P.M. IN THE VILLAGE HALL
ATTENDED BY Mr J. Whatley (Chairman), Mr C. Tormey, Mr R. Green, Mr N. Smith, Mr J. Harding (councillors)
APOLOGIES WERE RECEIVED AND ACCEPTED FROM Mr S. Burns
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND REQUESTS FOR DISPENSATIONS – none
PUBLIC SUBMISSIONS – none
MINUTES OF MAY MEETING (Annual meeting of the Parish Council) were read, approved and signed, with one amendment.
ACTION POINTS ADDRESSED
It was decided not to pursue the Community Governance issues as the review may not be going ahead anyway.
Copy of Mr Whatley’s report to Annual Parish meeting to be sent to Harry Bramer, with special reference to overhanging trees between School House and Barrel Lane. (Action Item 1)
Mr Green and Mr Harding to call on the owners of the Bungalow regarding the fenced off well. (Action Item 2)
Clerk to email copy of Highways letter (bend at Lanx Cottage) to councillors (Action Item 3)
1) Some potholes filled (up to Perry’s Farm, but not county boundary.) Concern was expressed as to quality of work. Gypsy Lane marked, but not done.
2) Grass cutting only partially completed.
3) New sign at Barrel Lane.
4) Nothing done about jetting little culvert between The Garage and Knapp Barn.
5) Spreadsheet to be updated and sent to Kevin Williams (Locality Steward), Councillor Rone and Harry Bramer. (Action Item 4)
1) 161472. Land to south of Foxberry Cottage, Slip Road, Kilcot. GL18 1NS. Proposed barn for the housing of livestock and storage of bedding and fodder for livestock. The Parish Council had no objections.
2) 161576. St Clements, Kilcot, Newent. First floor extension. The Parish Council had no objections.
3) Contact Enforcement regarding Dowlers Lane when name of property has been confirmed. (Action Item 5)
REVIEW OF RISK ASSESSMENT/SCHEDULE
This document was discussed. Mr Whatley proposed this be accepted with relevant amendments. Mr Smith seconded, All in favour.
Parishioners to be aware of vehicles cruising the area looking for possible burglary targets.
Mr Mike Edwards queried progress with
➢ security for Village Hall car park
➢ white lines on carriageways
➢ problems of speeding traffic
and reported blue light activity through village. Clerk to respond. (Action Item 6)
FINANCE C.A. £4993.14 H.F. £1158.43 P.C. £2.72
i. Petty Cash. Mr Whatley proposed £20.00 be transferred to Petty Cash, Mr Harding seconded. All in favour.
ii. Annual Return. Mr Whatley proposed Annual Return accounting statements be adopted, Mr Harding seconded. All in favour.
iii. Clerk’s salary (3 months). Mr Green proposed this be paid, Mr Smith seconded. All in favour. (Cheques written. £160.00- clerk. £40.00 – H.M.R.C.)
iv. Receipt of V.A.T. refund – £433.70
Items for next month’s agenda: –
1) Transparency Fund
2) Kingsmill – gate
3) CCTV cameras for Village Hall
4) Parish Plan
5) Village wells
DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Monday 11th July
MEETING CLOSED AT 9.45