MINUTES OF ASTON INGHAM PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 14th MARCH 2016 AT 7.30 P.M. IN THE VILLAGE HALL
ATTENDED BY Mr J. Whatley (Chairman), Mr C. Tormey,Mr J. Harding, Mr N. Smith, Mr S. Burns (councillors)
APOLOGIES WERE RECEIVED FROM Mr R. Green.
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND REQUESTS FOR DISPENSATIONS – Mr Whatley and Mr Harding, as Treasurer and Churchwarden, registered a non-pecuniary interest in the request for a donation towards grass cutting from the Parochial Church Council.
PUBLIC SUBMISSIONS – none
MINUTES OF FEBRUARY MEETING were read, approved and signed.
Some items still to be dealt with : –
i. Brambles to be cleared from stream
ii. Additional road defects to be reported to Locality Steward at meeting
Meeting arranged with Kevin Williams. Locality Steward, and councillors for Thursday morning. (17th )
Mr Harding requested that a list be compiled of when highway defects were first reported to Herefordshire Council. (Action Item 1)
1) Lower Coldridge Farm, Lea. 153545. Proposed repairs and improvements to existing stone bridge and construction of three vehicular passing bays along existing access road. The Parish Council had no objections.
2) Meeting regarding Additional Planning Policy. Mr Whatley had attended the Neighbourhood Development Planning meeting at Hereford. The new structure plan identifies the core village of Aston Ingham as one of the areas which may need to be included in development to provide some additional housing. In order to have some control over any future development, the chairman advocated that we request that Herefordshire Council formulate a Rural Applications Development Plan Document. This will be discussed in more detail soon.
➢ Letter from Mr and Mrs Potter regarding progress of refurbishment of Village Well. Clerk to respond.
➢ Clerk/Council Direct
➢ Queen’s 90th birthday commemorative coin
FINANCE C.A. £4013.04 H.F. £7.63 P.C. £17.85
1) Precept letter acknowledging request
2) Fee for uncontested election £47.10. MrWhatley proposed this be paid, Mr Burns seconded. All in favour
3) Clerk’s salary (£200 – 3 months). Mr Tormey proposed this be paid, Mr Harding seconded. All in favour. (Cheques written – £160.00- clerk, £40.00- H.M.R.C.)
4) Letter from Parochial Church Council requesting donation towards grass cutting costs. Mr Smith proposed £450.00, Mr Tormey seconded. All in favour.
5) Mr Potter, Footpaths Officer, had tried to acquire a replacement Footpaths Map for the outside of the Village Hall, but Hereford Council have apparently ceased to fund a replacement and costs of reprinting were likely to be huge. Mr Potter had sourced a cheaper alternative and the Parish Council were happy for him to proceed with this, and were grateful for his efforts.
COUNCILLORS’ SUBMISSIONS – Mr Harding thanked for raising Commonwealth Flag
DATE OF NEXT MEETINGS – Monday April 11th
Wednesday May 11th Annual Parish Meeting
Monday May 23rd Annual Meeting of the Parish
MEETING CLOSED AT 9.25 p.m.