MINUTES OF ASTON INGHAM PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 23RD SEPTEMBER 2013 AT 7.30 P.M. IN THE VILLAGE HALL
ATTENDED BY Mr J. Whatley (Chairman), Mr C. Tormey, Mr J. Harding, Mr S. Burns, Mrs R. Tree
MINUTES OF JULY MEETING were read, approved and signed, with one amendment.
Following the meeting with Lynda Wilcox (H.A.L.C.) about the Neighbourhood Plan, the situation regarding Mr Green’s non-attendance of meetings was informally discussed. She stated that because Councillor Green had not attended a Parish Council meeting since December 2012, this meant that he was automatically disqualified from office. It was therefore decided that : –
A letter would be sent to Mr Green informing him of this decision and thanking him for his past service.
The electoral office would be notified.
The vacancy would be advertised.
1) It was noted that a meeting was held on 9th September at 7.30 p.m. in the village hall at which Mrs Lynda Wilcox (H.A.L.C.) gave a presentation on Parish and Neighbourhood Plans. It was attended by Mr J. Whatley, (Chairman), Mr C. Tormey, Mr S. Burns, Mr J. Harding, Mrs R. Tree (Councillors) and Mr C. Tree (Parishioner). Apologies were received from Mr E. Green (Councillor) and Mrs H. Hobbs (Clerk)
2) Stream clearing work to be arranged for the near future. Dates to be arranged.
3) Letter to Mr Stallard to be sent.
4) Mr Whatley and Mr Tormey attended the Balfour Beatty launch meeting. New software was to become available for reporting potholes. Nine areas in Herefordshire. Response to reports should be made more quickly.
5) Salt bin by Knapp Cottage has been demolished by vehicle. Clerk to report and check requests for new bins and submit.
6) Mr Tormey provided a gazebo for the display for the Village Cross project at Lea Show. It was featured in the Ross Gazette. £4066.58 has been raised already. Other fundraising projects are being planned. Thanks to those individuals and organizations who have made donations.
1) Withymoor Farm 132319/F. Lean –to onto an existing calf shed to provide calf housing. The Parish Council had no objections.
2) Sunnybank Cottage, Aston Crews 131541/FH. (August 2013) The Parish Council had no objections.
This application was approved with conditions.
Large tractors and trailers travelling at speed through the village had been reported to the police. Two particular incidents were tracked and dealt with. Clerk to write to sergeant at Ross Police Station to thank them for dealing with the problem so efficiently.
NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH – update
Thefts of water containers and a pig slaughtered in field adjacent to Aston Ingham Road were reported. Several thefts of poultry had also been reported. Combined meeting of NW to be held on following day.
Petition for fair share for funding in rural areas
Preservation Group details (GKPG)
H.A.L.C. Information Corner
FINANCE C.A. £2088.59 A.I.P.C.H.F. £107.63 P.C. £6.89
Audit – Annual Return approved. Notice of Conclusion of Audit displayed. No fee.
Precept to be set by 31st January 2014
Clerk’s salary. £200.00 for 3 months. (£160.00 – clerk, £40.00 – H.M.R.C.) Mr Harding proposed this be paid. Mr Tormey seconded. All in favour.
Mr Whatley is attending a Chairman’s Course – 16/10/2013
ANY OTHER MATTERS- none
DATES OF NEXT MEETINGS – Monday 14th October
Monday 11th November
Monday 9th December
MEETING CLOSED AT 9.30 P.M.