MINUTES OF ASTON INGHAM PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 8TH FEBRUARY 2016 AT 7.30 P.M. IN THE VILLAGE HALL
ATTENDED BY Mr J. Whatley (chairman), Mr C. Tormey, Mr R. Green, Mr N. Smith and Mr J. Harding (councillors)
APOLOGIES WERE RECEIVED FROM Mr S. Burns.
PUBLIC SUBMISSIONS – none
MINUTES OF JANUARY MEETING were read, approved and signed.
1) Mr Whatley has spoken to Councillor Rone (Herefordshire Councillor responsible for Highways) regarding some of the highway issues, and he is investigating.
2) Mr Whatley met with Mr Hobbs regarding flooding problems by properties facing Cowley Lane and Ell Brook. One ditch has been cleared to a certain extent by Severn Trent. Mr Stallard’s ditch, which is ajacent to Glyfada House, has a fall which is in the wrong direction, terminating and outfalling into the garden of Mr Wilf Thomas. Mr Hobbs is willing to check the depth required to reverse the fall, which would require Severn Trent to alter the depth of their ditch by the sewage plant. The depth at the top end of Severn Trent’s section would need to match the depth of Mr Stallards ditch and then be graded at the top end of their section down to the outfall pipe in Cowley Lane. Mr Stallard had indicated that he would be willing to change the depth of his ditch in a previous meeting with Mr Hobbs and Mr Ken Stephens. Mr Whatley to clear brambles. (Action Item 1)
3) The firm which cut back the trees by the Village Hall are clearing the trees on the bank at a later date.
4) Mrs Osborne (The Old School) reported that the workmen were aware that the drain on the right hand side needs to be raised and will be put on the works schedule.
5) Meeting to be arranged between Kevin Williams (Locality Steward) and councillors. (Action Item 2)
Other highway problems to be reported: –
Pothole by junction of Stoney Road and Ford Lane
Drains and pothole by Lea Line
Lack of white lines on B4222, which may have contributed to recent accidents
(Action Item 3)
6) Clerk to contact Lisa Austin (CSO) to check whether recent accidents in the village have been logged, and list over last 5 years. (Action Item 4)
7) Pictures of Dowlers Lane still to be forwarded. (Action Item 5)
8) Mr Whatley had researched security cameras and information was to be collated and matter raised at next village hall meeting.
9) List of outstanding highway issues to be put in each Chimes report after meeting with Locality Steward.
1) Barn A and animal stall A, Lower Coldridge Farm. 153515. Proposed conversion of barn and animal store into one three bedroom dwelling, with large garden.
(This application was for a prior approval determination for a change of use, and therefore new legislation meant that the Parish Council did not need to respond.
2) Options For Additional Planning Policy – seminar. Mr Whatley and Mr Tormey to attend. Clerk to advise.This item to be put on agenda for March.
i. Email from Mr Edwards, regarding ongoing problems in the parish, including security at Village Hall car park, speeding traffic, white lines on B4222 and drainage. Clerk had already replied with update on most matters After further discussion about problems additional information to be sent to Mr Edwards.
ii. Carers Support – Herefordshire. Leaflets on noticeboard and on table in Village Hall.
Intruders disturbed at local farm – parishioners advised to be vigilant.
REVIEW OF COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
Mr Harding proposed the procedure be adopted, Mr Harding seconded. All in favour.
Standing Orders to be dealt with at March meeting
FINANCE C.A. £4444.03 H.F. £7.63 P.C. £1.88
1. Anchor post (footpaths). Mr Potter (FPO) to be refunded the cost of this item. Mr Smith proposed, Mr Green seconded. All in favour.
2. Mr Harding proposed £30.00 be transferred to petty cash. Mr Tormey seconded. All in favour.
3. H.A.L.C. Invoice for annual subscription. £392.88. Mr Whatley proposed this be paid, Mr Smith seconded. All in favour.
COUNCILLOR SUBMISSIONS – none
MEETING CLOSED at 9.10 p.m.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Monday 14th March