MINUTES OF ASTON INGHAM PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 8TH NOVEMBER 2010 AT 7.30 P.M. IN THE VILLAGE HALL
Mr J. Harding (chairman), Mr J. Whatley, Mr C. Tormey, Mr S. Burns, Mrs R. Tree
APOLOGIES WERE RECEIVED FROM Mr E. Green
MINUTES OF OCTOBER MEETING were read, approved and signed.
1. Joint Parish Meetings – Mrs Tree and Mr Whatley to attend meeting, chaired by Councillor John Baker (Kilcot and Gorsley P.C.) Clerk to advise Margaret Highton and send report.
2. PACT meeting on Tuesday 9th November.
3. Parish Map – letter to be sent to Lea Residents Association requesting donation towards refurbishment before the end of December.
PARISH WALK – AMEY HEREFORDSHIRE
The Parish Walk with Amey Herefordshire took place on Thursday 14th October, with Richard Morgan and Joanne Davies (Amey), and Chris Tormey and John Whatley (Councillors) in attendance.
A list of defects had been drawn up and categorised. Proposed actions and timescales were included. Some of these defects have already been addressed : –
• Potholes on Gypsy Lane
• Potholes at Aston Crews
• Overhanging trees at Aston Farm/Rose Cottage.
Other problems will be monitored. Letters will be sent to relevant landowners regarding issues affecting the highways. Mr Harding declared an interest.
1. Aston Ingham Scout Hut –DMS102462 External refurbishment of the Scout Headquarters to provide a more energy efficient building. No objections.
2. Penny Farthing – adjustment of opening hours. Mr Burns had spoken with residents and there were no objections.
I. H.A.L.C. DVD
II. 50 m.p.h. speed limit – Pixley P.C.
III. Gorsley/Kilcot Newsletter
IV. H.A.L.C. courses/Vitalise
V. Clerk/Council Direct
VI. Winter Gritting Schedules
VII. Festival Housing
FINANCE C.A. £2090.33 A.I.P.C.H.F. £7.63 P.C. 10.18
1. Citizens Advice Bureau- donation. Mrs Tree proposed, Mr Tormey seconded, that donation would be made – amount to be confirmed at December meeting. All in favour.
2. Village Hall Hire – invoice. Adjustments to be made and revised invoice to be presented at December meeting.
3. Precept to be set at next meeting when potential election costs have been received and other expenses itemised.
ANY OTHER MATTERS
Smartwater signs now erected at Mill Lane and Stoney Road, Thanks were expressed to Mr Tormey, who had donated these
DATE OF NEXT MEETING Monday 13th December
MEETING CLOSED AT 9.40 p.m.