MINUTES OF ASTON INGHAM PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 8TH OCTOBER 2012 AT 7.30 P.M. IN THE VILLAGE HALL
ATTENDED BY Mr J. Harding (Chairman), Mr J.Whatley, Mrs R. Tree, Mr E. Green, Mr C. Tormey.
APOLOGIES WERE RECEIVED FROM Mr S. Burns.
MINUTES OF SEPTEMBER MEETING were read, approved and signed.
1) Letters received from Carol Saunders (Customer Insight Unit) regarding highway problems. The majority of the potholes on Oaks Lane have now been filled.
2) Flooding is still occurring at Warren Lane.
3) Road safety markings have not been completed at Aston Crews.
4) Flooding at Knightshill has been reported on PC-IRIS and pothole on B4222 opposite Oaks Lane to be reported.
5) Parish Council has been notified of changes within Amey.
6) A request was placed three months ago regarding Bramley Cottage entrance. The ground between the edge of the road and the entrance has subsided. Herefordshire Council have been asked about ownership of that piece of land as the parishioner wishes to know the procedure regarding repair and refurbishment, so that she can enter the road safely.
7) Herefordshire Council meeting – ‘Your Community – Your Say’ – no satisfactory outcomes.
8) Opening times of Ross Community Hospital (poster). There was concern regarding the lack of local provision for accident and emergency – to be mentioned at the joint meeting with local councils on Monday 22nd October.
9) Church Cross. Draft pamphlet giving information about general and local history was looked at by Parish Council, and will be shown at next meeting of P.C.C. Thanks were given to Mrs Tree for her research and work on this.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Clerk outlined information received from recent course and need to update and strengthen Standing Orders. Code to be adopted at next meeting when councillors have examined Herefordshire Code in more depth.
I. Church House, Aston Ingham. S121991/FH. Two storey side extension. Permission. Conditions read and noted.
II. Green Acres Stables, Lea. S122584/F. Change of use of stables from a livery yard to equestrian centre, offering riding tuition and pony trekking services. Mr Tormey proposed, Mr Harding seconded, that this application be rejected on the grounds of highway safety. All in favour.
III. Bannock Tree, Aston Ingham Road. S122559/FH. Proposed two storey extension. The Parish Council had no objections. Mr Harding proposed, Mr Tormey seconded. All in favour.
IV. The Danes, Barrel Lane. S122185/FH. Install 4kw solar PV system (stand alone ground mounted) consisting of 16 solar modules. The Parish Council had no objections. Mr Harding proposed, Mr Tormey seconded. All in favour.
V. Longfields, Shotts Lane, Kilcot. S122662/FH. Demolition of garage and erection of two storey and first floor extensions.
VI. The Parish Council had no objections. Mr Tormey proposed, Mr Whatley seconded. All in favour.
VII. Neighbourhood planning questionnaire. Mr Whatley to peruse for completion at next meeting.
1) Fields In Trust – to be passed to Cricket Club
2) Police and Crime Commissioners – information and election notices
3) H.A.L.C. – Information Corners
4) Quality Parish Status
5) Neighbourhood Watch
6) H.A.L.C. – courses and A.G.M.
7) Parish and Town Council allowances
8) Clerk/Council Direct
9) Haven Breast Cancer Support Centre, Hereford – poster
FINANCE C.A. £2559.15 A.I.P.C.H.F. £107.63 P.C. £14.48
I. Audit – Annual Return. Comments from audit have been noted and addressed where appropriate. Conclusion of Audit notice to be displayed. Mr Harding proposed fee of £60.00 be paid, Mrs Tree seconded. All in favour.
II. Precept of £1100.00 had been received.
III. Hall Hire – £96.00. Mr Harding proposed this be paid, Mrs Tree seconded. All in favour.
ANY OTHER MATTERS – none
DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Monday 12th November
MEETING CLOSED AT 9.25 p.m.