MINUTES OF ANNUAL MEETING OF ASTON INGHAM PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON TUESDAY 15TH MAY 2012 AT 7.30 P.M. IN THE VILLAGE HALL
ATTENDED BY Mr J. Harding (chairman), Mr J. Whatley, Mr C. Tormey, Mr E. Green, Mr S. Burns, Mrs R. Tree
ELECTION OF OFFICERS
CHAIRMAN – Mrs Tree proposed Mr J.Harding, Mr Green seconded. All in favour.
VICE CHAIRMAN AND PLANNING OFFICER – Mr Tormey proposed Mr J.Whatley, Mrs Tree seconded. All in favour.
Declaration of Acceptance of Office signed.
MINUTES OF APRIL MEETING were read, approved and signed.
1) Letters received from Carol Saunders, Customer Insight Unit regarding drains at Crews Hill and potholes on Oaks Lane.
2) Blocked drains between church and village hall, junction of Oaks Lane and B4222 and at Aston Crews (Sunnybank) – to be reported.
3) The possibility of resiting the finger post at the junction by the Penny Farthing at Aston Crews was discussed.
4) There was concern about visibility and safety at the turning to Linton at Aston Crews. District Council to be contacted regarding possibility of warning signs.
5) If there is still time to purchase Jubilee mugs, Mr Whatley proposed this be done Mrs Tree seconded. All in favour. Mr Tormey to liaise with Clerk. Cheque for required amount to be written when needed. Mr Harding proposed, Mr Green seconded. All in favour.
6) Pilgrim’s Cross to be made priority project for Jubilee. When this is underway, Council will start looking at enhanced boundary signs. Mrs Tree proposed, Mr Burns seconded. All in favour. There is a possibility that Mrs Tree could create a booklet giving the historical background of the crosses which might aid any grant applications.
7) Mr Whatley is checking the safety aspects of lighting a beacon at Crews Hill.
PLANNING – none
I. Email from Ian Baker (Community Resilience Officer) regarding possibility of standpipes if drought continued.
II. Living Villages – invitation to event
III. Diamond Day – update
IV. H.A.L.C. courses – details have been emailed to councillors
V. Gorsley/Kilcot newsletter
VI. Clerk/Council Direct
VII. Exhibition poster
FINANCE C.A. £2194.15 A.I.P.C.H.F. £107.63 P.C. £11.93
1) Precept received – £1100.00
2) Annual Insurance Premium – £265.00 if Parish Council signs
another 3 year agreement. Clerk to check if any better price can be offered, otherwise Mr Harding proposed this be paid, Mr Green seconded. All in favour.
3) Land Easement – (Godfrey – Payton). Mr Harding proposed sum of £20.00 be paid, Mrs Tree seconded. All in favour. Mr Whatley declared an interest
ANY OTHER MATTERS
v Parish Map – next month’s agenda. Decision to be made regarding purchase of cabinet.
v Sandbags – 20 empty bags to be requested to improve storage.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Monday 11th June
MEETING CLOSED AT 9.00 p.m.