MINUTES OF ANNUAL MEETING OF ASTON INGHAM PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON MONDAY 23rd MAY 2016 AT 7.30 P.M. IN THE VILLAGE HALL
ATTENDED BY Mr J. Whatley (Chairman), Mr C. Tormey, Mr R. Green, Mr N. Smith, (councillors)
ELECTION OF OFFICERS
Chairman – Mr Smith proposed Mr Whatley, Mr Tormey seconded. All in favour. Mr Whatley signed the Acceptance of Office.
Election of Vice- Chairman deferred.
Footpaths Officer – Mr Tormey proposed Mr Potter, Mr Smith seconded. All in favour. Clerk to write to Mr Potter thanking him for his work and asking whether he is happy to continue in the post. (Action Item 1)
APOLOGIES WERE RECEIVED AND ACCEPTED FROM Mr J. Harding
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND REQUESTS FOR DISPENSATIONS
Mr Whatley declared an interest in the Land Easement (Finance -Item 14)
PUBLIC SUBMISSIONS – none
MINUTES OF APRIL MEETING were read, approved and signed.
ACTION POINTS ADDRESSED – still no response regarding traffic incidents. Clerk to contact Lisa Austin again. (Action Item 2)
Potholes for attention have been marked up to the county boundary in Oak Lane. Claims have been made to Herefordshire Council for tyre and wheel damage.
New grit bin at Barrel Lane and Crews Hill.
Some banks have been trimmed, but not hedges.
Mr Whatley to update spreadsheet. (Action Item 3)
1) Land adjoining Millbrook Gardens, Lea. 161413. Outline application for three 4-bedroom dwellings, turning and manoevring area. Previous comments are still relevant, to be considered with reference to planned development with 38 dwellings. (Action Item 4)
2) Barn A and animal stall A, Lower Coldridge Farm. 161087. Notification for prior approval for change of use of agricultural buildings to a dwelling house ( class C3) and for associated operational development.
3) Bend by Lanx Cottage. Clerk to write to Highways citing the number of accidents at this site in the last five years, culminating in the major incident on 4th May and requesting that it be assessed and signage and markings be installed. (Action Item 5)
4) Little Acorns – problems with overflow of septic tank, (last reported in December 2015). Environment Dept. to be contacted if no improvement by next meeting.
There are still frequent incidents of cold calling in the area. A red Mercedes has been noticed – occupants selling chainsaws and generators. Parishioners to be aware of any unusual markings on gateposts, etc. to indicate to prospective thieves breeds of dog or equipment which may be a target.
➢ Clerk/Council Direct
➢ Leading Lights – Councillor training. Hopefully Mr Burns and Mr Green to attend next course.
➢ Centenary Fields
FINANCE C.A. £5265.94 H.F. £1158.43 P.C. £4.58
1) Adoption of Parish Council Accounts. Mr Tormey proposed these be adopted, with one amendment (date of precept), Mr Green seconded. All in favour.
2) Insurance. We are in the second year of a three year agreement with Zurich Municipal. Mr Whatley proposed the annual premium of £234.30 be paid, Mr Smith seconded. All in favour.
3) Land Easement. Mr Green proposed £20.00 be paid to Godfrey-Payton, Mr Smith seconded. All in favour. Mr Whatley did not take part in the discussion or vote.
4) Footpaths Map . Mr Tormey proposed Mr Potter be reimbursed £18.50 for Parish Footpaths Map. Mr Green seconded. All in favour.
1) Community Governance. Issues of boundaries at Aston Crews. Mr Whatley to contact Anthony Bush to discuss. (Action item 6)
2) Transparency Fund. Clerk to contact Mark Millmore to set up meeting regarding website. (Action Item 7)
3) Well at Five Wells has been fenced off and locked. Clerk to write to property owners to remind them that this is public property and the gate should not be in any way locked or obstructed. (Action Item 8)
DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Monday 13th June
MEETING CLOSED AT 9.05 p.m.